About Me

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day is done

"The day is done, and the darkness
falls from the wings of night,
as a feather is wafted downward
from and eagle in his flight."

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

My day's toil is complete, and to bed I steal, weary and full, kittie and book awaiting, both to lull me to sleep. The warmth of the day floats away as the cool of night descends. No birds sing, the traffic is stilled.


Tomorrow is just around the corner. Another day to fill with friends, chores, quiet, music, life. I'm thankful ... for my soft bed, for my sisters' love, for my quiet house. I'm thankful for good friends, co-workers who make life easier and challenge me to do better. I'm thankful for kids I see growing and changing, beautiful spring days, and the love of a good man.

Goodnight, goodnight...til it be morrow!

Dog pictures courtesy of Amy and Toby Landers! :-)

No comments: