About Me

Friday, May 28, 2010

Dog days

It's not really the dog days of summer ... those come in a couple months when every day is hot and the body drags. Hiking and gardening become early morning activities and the smell of charcoal and steak fills the evening air.

Sidebar: From the little I've read, the phrase has its origins in the ancient belief that Sirius, also the Dog Star, was somehow responsible for the hot weather.

I have, though, been using an awful lot of dog references lately. Not sure why that is, but one of my readers thought it was particularly funny. In response to that, here's my dog-ness for today. :-D

Today I am a golden retriever - I've been around a lot of people so I'm happy, I'm languid in the heat, but I'm still accomplishing a few tasks (but what a retriever accomplishes on a hot Friday afternoon, I have no idea, although it surely has something to do with napping and licking his paws...).

What is your inner dog?

No comments: