About Me

Monday, May 17, 2010

A theme

Contemplation. Quiet. Time alone.


It seemed there was a theme to my weekend. Saturday morning was filled with quiet, and I loved it. Sunday morning I woke up wishing I could have a day of absolute quiet in each week, and how could I accomplish that. In addition, I was scheming about how to glean for myself a whole week of quiet sometime this summer or fall. All this was roiling about in my head when I went to church on Sunday and...the message was about contemplation, quiet, and time alone with God.

A divinely inspired theme!


So, it seems all signs are pointing toward more quiet in my life. How can I achieve this? What do I need to adjust in my life? Which things should I sluff off, and what things should I just rearrange? Is it merely a need to be more purposeful?

I'll give this some thought and experiment a little over the next couple weeks. The idea of more quiet sounds wonderful, as does the idea of living each day with a little more purpose, both in what I do and don't do.

Isn't it great to have a goal higher than just getting the laundry done? :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos!!! I find when I do have a quiet, contemplative day, it restores me to myself - does that make sense? Journaling, reading literature that is spiritually uplifting, prayer. I can so easily fill my days with what I call mindless activities - running errands, grocery shopping, laundry, cleaning, etc. - all things that need to be done but leave me feeling like I've ignored my soul's calling and instead have become an errand running/chore performing automaton. Love you and am thinking of you - naomi