About Me

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Life

Have I made my marriage sound perfect? I sure hope not, because it isn't. But I made a decision when I started this blog that I wouldn't write nasty stuff about people in my life...or crazy drivers I encounter...or weird ladies in the grocery store line...unless that would be a funny story. :-)

I just didn't want to air my dirty laundry.

This week the truth of how many people in my life are hurting has been renewed in my mind. A friend newly diagnosed with cancer, my dad is sick, hurting marriages, dating friends breaking up, struggles with kids, parents, families. There is so much hurting in the world.

Sure wish I could do more to help, but I know those struggles aren't my burden to carry. Except in prayer and love given. Those things I can do.

If you haven't noticed, I write about me. Me! I guess that's what a lot of blogs are about. I just want to make sure my life isn't all about me. I know there's a time and a place for protecting my own space and energy, focusing on the things that will help give me peace, but I also want to be sure I'm giving away enough of me.

Balance. It's all about balance.

No comments: