About Me

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Words

Isn't the ambiguity of words a strange thing? In English, we have some very precise words, and yet when they are read they can connote very different meanings to different readers, and particularly different nuances from what the writer intended. I find this fascinating, especially in this particular time of humanity when so much of how we communicate is through written words - e-mails, texts and blogs!

I don't think I'll do this very often, but I feel like backtracking from what I wrote last time...or at least saying something more about it. I'll make it short, though.

I'm pretty sure my last blog adequately conveyed this tough time of the year for me, but I don't think I communicated just how buoyed and encouraged I was feeling, particularly by the fun and joy of beautiful music. That's really what I wanted to share. How those strains filling my house seemed to fill my heart with a little bubble of happiness.

Thanks, though, to all of you who in the past week have shared with me your love and care. It touched me and buoyed me up even more! ?

No comments: