About Me

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tuesday

It's kind of chilly outside, Egg is curled up in a ball of fluff and purring, and the blankets on my bed are still harboring warmth. I slip out of them and into my walking shoes. If I don't go for a walk now, I won't get it in today. But those blankets, and Egg's soft fur are so tempting. No, I'm leaving! On with my socks, a sweatshirt, my knee brace, lace up my shoes, choose something on the iPod and I'm out the door.

I'd rather lie in bed for another two hours, reading, dozing, then start the motions of my day, but I'd better do it now.

In truth (if I can wake up enough) there's something lovely about early mornings. My neighborhood is filled with lovely flower beds that are changing daily, the trees are filling out, and it is still cool. I'll get this walk in, then I'll have the whole day ahead of me. And it is actually quite nice starting the day this way - with quiet, motion, a little sweat.

So here I go...

No comments: