About Me

Monday, August 10, 2009

And So It Goes

Well, my beloved Charlie is gone. We took him to the vet's today and had him put to sleep. An incredibly tough decision for both me and Tim. Now Charlie's in a lovely spot in our backyard with a big boulder and a bench Tim made for me years ago. I think I'll like having him there, but I'll sure miss having him on my lap every night. I won't write much tonight because I feel wrung out, but I just wanted to document his passing. 

I loved Charlie for 17 years. We always said he was a bad cat, but a good pet! He was opinionated, pushy, demanding...incredibly loving, responsive, soft and snuggly. Such a silly kittie who fetched, at one time learned how to shake (like a dog), loved riding in the car, snored, and was generally wonderful!

Bye, bye, love...

5 comments:

Em said...

Cindy, I know it is difficult to lose such a beloved member of your family. Pets are such an important part of our lives. I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear Charlie, but I'm glad you got to spend 17 wonderful years with him.

Love,
Emily

Anonymous said...

Oh Cindy. My heart goes out to you both. I put Charlie in the ranks of Payton as a super pet. I bet many people have a good memory of Charlie, just like we do. I love how he adored Tim, and if Tim was around, that cat was going to monopolize his attention :) And he was a sun god, just like me! Very chilled!

Love you all. There's not much else to say, it's a really hard experience... Love, Julie

Me said...

words don't seem enough, but I'm sorry for your loss Cindy.

(((hugs))), Susie

Some family in Colorado said...

I'm so sorry! I know Charlie was very important to you...hugs from the Millers

northlee said...

I first met charlie in May of 1997. That was a long time ago in cat years. Noone who came into the house could miss Charlie. he ruled the roost. This was before Egg was adopted into his house. The craziest thing was Tim would spin Charlie around and around as he lay on his side on their hardwood floors. Then for the grand finale Tim would push him 15 feet across the floor. Charlie would get up and come back for more! Charlie gave up such rough play in the past couple of years but he never gave up his position of King of the house. Charlie was a most unusual being and will be remembered often and missed.