About Me

Friday, August 21, 2009

Home Free

At last! My summer of crazy is over! I can look at my calendar and see more than 2 or 3 days in a row with nothing scheduled - no trips, meetings, appointments. All I have for the next couple of months is me stuff. Lovely! (None of this is to say I haven't enjoyed my summer; it has just been very busy. Had to say that. )

I do have some plans, though. Things I need to do, but they're things that will feed the deep inside of me. 
  • My prayer partner and I are going to resume our schedule. (Missed her over the summer!)
  • I'm going to finish weeding and mulching my front yard, and give some thought to what will look nice added in the spring. 
  • I hope to develop a new schedule for myself. I think that will help me get lots of stuff done. (I hope to include regular time in the Bible and prayer, exercise, cooking, regular housework, and time scheduled to journal and read.)
Other than that, the next few weeks are about enjoying the last of summer's days - some hiking, some chilling, some grilling, and lots of down time to work on quiet things.

Speaking of quiet things, remember this picture from early in the spring?

The barren wasteland that was my front yard. Guess what grew without any help?
You got it - WEEDS!! I fought them all summer.
But look what I managed...

Yes, that is grass that you see.
Oh, can't see it?
Look closer...

This was in July. I planted a native grass from seed. 
In order for it to germinate, nights had to have a low of 60. 
In Colorado, that's July.
I was a good mama and watered it just like the instructions said and... 


Voila! Now I have a suedo-lawn! 
I still need to fill in some blank spots.
And the other side has an invasion of some other grass.
Too much to weed, really.
I'll just let it die off next summer when I only water...
...yes, once every other week!

Triumph! I'm proud and happy. Job well done to me! ;-)

No comments: