About Me

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Improvement

Well, I'm feeling a little better today. Actually, quite a bit better. I had a great, therapeutic day yesterday that seems to have helped me through a lot of the tough emotions and sadness I was feeling. Physical exhaustion will do that for ya! 

I went on a hike that was rather difficult for me. Ok, I was gasping at some points! I did it, though, and that was a huge encouragement to me. A real boost to my self-esteem and self-concept. The hike reviews called it moderate and said you could expect to complete it in about 2.5 hours. Well, as hard as it was for me on the first half (almost all uphill!), I thought for sure by the time we'd finished we'd been walking for 3 1/2 or 4 hours. No! Only 2 hours, 40 minutes. Boy, oh boy, was I proud of myself. Big smiles all around. 

Ok, so today I'm kind of paying for this. Both my knees hurt quite a bit (The "good" one is now going bad. Time to go to the doctor...again?), my bad foot hurts, too. Other than that, I'm high as a kite about this accomplishment.

I can breath a sigh of relief today. I don't feel on the verge of tears when I'm sitting still or not surrounded by people. I'm coming into calm and feeling a real peace about my lovelies leaving. For that I'm profoundly thankful!

No comments: