About Me

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day One

I woke up this morning to a lovely sky - sunny, blue, mild. Egg was asleep on my pillow, where he'd spent most of the night. I was lying in bed reading when I heard a friend's voice outside my bedroom window. "Cindy," she whispered, "are you up yet?" 

We spent a very nice hour on the bench by Charlie's grave, drinking tea, talking about our lives and the things that are going on. I flitted back and forth between talking about Charlie's last couple of days and the other things on my mind. I think I'll be a little scattered today. Good thing all I have to do is weed.

All is well, though. I'll sure miss my cantankerous guy, but he's not sick, he's not hurting, and that's a very good thing. Thanks for all the love that's being sent my way.

2 comments:

tara said...

i'm sorry to hear about Charlie:( i'm so happy i got to meet him...

...also, I wish I lived close enough to sneak up to your window in the morning and whisper, "are you up yet?"

Very jealous.

WonderGirl said...

Cindy, my heart goes out to you, Tim and Egg on your incredible loss. Charlie had such a good life and couldn't have had better parents than you and Tim. There's no doubt in my mind he knew how much you all loved and cherished him. I still have that tiny chip in my tooth from the time I house-sat for you guys and Chuck jumped out at me from the stairs and my teeth hit the glass I had up to my mouth! Boy, he got me good that time! Such a little prankster.

Many hugs and kisses to you all. Nikki