About Me

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hands to the Plow


There is something to be said for getting hot and sweaty to help you forget your troubles. I know my sadness over losing Charlie is nothing like the grief of losing, say, one's mother. I've experienced that pain, too, but it doesn't diminish the truth that I am hurting. That's not my point, though (woops..rambling again). 

This morning I got up early and helped Tim spread mulch on the path along the side of our house, then spent an hour and a half weeding my VERY WEEDY front flower beds and ground cover areas. 

It felt good. 


It felt good to get something accomplished. To make something look nicer. To work hard. To listen to music and not think. 

Hip hip hooray for hard work!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That looks even more amazing now! What a beautiful thing to create despite your pain.