About Me

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Another day

I'm doing what I'm supposed to...mostly. Ok, so I might be doing a little too much, but it's all right. I started working off the vicodin yesterday, and I think that's going to go just fine. Ibuprofen every 6 hours, like clockwork, to keep inflammation and pain down. Should be fine. If I need the vicodin, I'll take it, but I'd rather not.

And today looks to be absolutely beautiful! And I have no visitors, which is is an unexpected relief. I have enjoyed every person who has come by, but I think the quiet will be lovely. And instead of spending my energy on people (which is how I prefer to spend it!), I'll give a little energy to the house. I might even marinate some tomatoes from my garden.

So very slowly, little by little, I'm getting better. I'm ready to hop on my bike, take a vigorous walk, go for a hike, but then my brain gets one step farther than the smell of fresh air, the wind in my face, and I think about this belly and how slowly it's healing.

Nope.

Instead, I'll maybe stroll around the block. :-)

2 comments:

Em said...

Glad to hear that you are doing so well with your healing. I am praying for you, friend!

~E~

Anonymous said...

THANKS for sharing your heart in these blogs! I would be so surprised if you were not writing about how much you miss your Dad!! We miss him along with you. But of course, not to the depth as you do. So, dear one, just to say that we continue to pray for you and your sisters right along with Janice. Love, Carol