About Me

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Company

Two Indonesian gatherings in three days. Lovely! And both are potlucks, so we'll have lots of delicious food. Going to parties does, however, make me wish that I had company more often. And why don't I?

Well, there are a lot of reasons. But can I overcome them? Hmm...maybe. Ok, probably.

I'm hoping this fall to make my house a little easier to keep tidy - culling out junk and clutter, getting rid of stuff I never or hardly ever use, lots of trips to Goodwill. That will help.

And maybe I can discipline myself to do just a little more housework. A little more each day would make a huge difference.

And then I just have to make the effort to do it. I just have to remember to set aside the time, make the invitations, plan for it. Somehow my life here is busier than it was in Missouri. Haven't figured out why, but I guess that doesn't really matter.

Meanwhile, I'll enjoy the hospitality of my friends. I'll have fun at someone else's party. And I'll keep working on this lifelong task of self-improvement.

No comments: