About Me

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Late summer gift

I have managed to grow the most beautiful tomatoes! And I can hardly take any credit for them. All I did was plunk them in the ground in June, stake them as they grew, and give them enough water. Amazing!


Despite this being a summer of stress, illness, worry - definitely not a summer of gardening and tenderly nurturing my plants - look what God has gifted me with! Perhaps this is his special gift to me because of the tough summer. Whatever the case, I am very thankful.


Succulent, beautiful in color, full of the flavor of summer, these beauties are ripening almost every day.


Marinated in an herb-filled vinaigrette, eaten like an apple, sliced with just a touch of oak-smoked salt - no matter how we eat them, they are divine!


And the colors! Yellow and red - just perfect in my eyes. I am thankful beyond words for this late-summer gift. What a joy for early September!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tomatoes! Wish I could munch on them with you. :-) Yes, those tomatoes are definitely a gift from God. He is so tender to give you beautiful tomatoes after this summer. Lisa