About Me

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Comfort

There's this adorable bundle of love who gives me such comfort!


That's my Egg Fu Yung. My snuggler. My hanger-on. My daily companion.


I think I can pretty safely say I like just about everything about this little guy. I especially like the way he starts asking me to go to bed around 8:30 every night.

He sits in the living room, near the hallway to the bedroom, staring at me. Every time I make a move to get a drink or adjust my pillow, he meows plaintively, "Come to bed." The time varies as the length of days change, but just about an hour after dark, there he is waiting for me. And the longer I take, the later I'm up, the more forlorn he sounds. It's too cute.


And does he love to snuggle! He shares my pillow every night, and the warmth of his little body, and the rumble of his purr lull me to sleep. It is my favorite lullaby leftover from a childhood filled with pets. It is a blessing and a joy. It touches something deep down inside me.


And on chilly mornings, as we snuggle in bed, dozing, enjoying the mutual warmth, this is the face I look at. It always makes me smile.

And during hard times and on hard days, his unconditional love, his tender snuggling, his enjoyment of our time together lifts my spirit. Yes, a small thing in the perspective of human lives, but a significant one. I'm thankful for my pet, my little cat, whose warmth and softness bring a deep comfort to my heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE this post!! Beautiful photos of Egg - what a good boy! love, naomi p.s. give him a hug and a kiss for me!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, too cute!!! If only he would let us see him in person, he'd get all cuddled up! :-) So glad you have him. Lisa