About Me

Saturday, September 4, 2010

High tide

I don't have cancer.

Standing in my kitchen this afternoon, washing a few dishes, listening to some favorite songs, it hit me like the proverbial ton of bricks, in a flood of tears and crying.

I don't have cancer.

On this beautiful, early fall day, with the cool breeze and the golden sunshine, the day waning into evening, instead of looking at chemo, radiation, prognoses, I am healing from a simple surgery.

I don't have cancer.

With assurance, I can say that. With joy and an incredible sense of relief that has not really hit home until today. With a welling of unstoppable tears, and a crying out in thankfulness to God. With a sigh of relief for my sisters, husband, and family. With a tenderness in my heart I can say I don't have cancer.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow.


Praise Him all creatures here below.


Praise Him above ye heavenly hosts.


Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

2 comments:

Em said...

What a blessing!

Anonymous said...

"You don't have cancer" Cindy. Linda and I give thanks to the LORD for His mercy and join with you in a sense of relief! Ken