About Me

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

More from last night...

So I came home from the party so tired, but then I couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned, I had bad dreams, I couldn't stop thinking about Dad and little tears would squeeze out of my eyes. And then in the middle of the night my *$!) incision site woke me up again! Frustrated!

Last week I developed two very small infections on it. I went to see the doctor right away, and his nurse wasn't worried. She gave me some additional cleaning instructions, told me to put triple antibiotic cream on them, etc. They've been healing nicely.

But then last night, where another stitch has come out or dissolved (not sure which is happening, or is it both?), there is another place that is red and tender. Do I just do what I did with the other two? I think I'll go with that.

Boy howdy, am I ready for this to heal and to not think about it quite so much. To those of you lifting prayers on my behalf, I continue to be very thankful. Don't know what state of mind I'd be in without your love. A mess?!

So, this morning I'm up early. Just couldn't go back to sleep. After getting close to overdoing it Sat, Sun and Mon, I asked Tim last night what I was allowed to do today. His response? "Pretty much nothing." I'll do just that. Pay some bills (from the couch). Watch a movie ("Slumdog Millionaire" which everyone said was so good). Scoop the kitty litter.

I'm hoping to both distract myself from all these thoughts, and work through some of them. Balance, right? It's all about balance.

No comments: