About Me

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Morning

Joy comes like the morning, washing over me in quietness and wonder. Yesterday was another in a long history of God watching over me, taking care of me. As I turned my eyes to Him, he picked me up and carried me through, giving me joy and enabling me to relax. I'm so thankful!

As usual, I'm up earlier than Tim, and I sneak his stocking goodies into their waiting, sequined sock, hoping to not wake him. I'll get my honey cake into the oven before waking him, and then we'll have our traditional Christmas morning of laughing and silliness.

He went to his parents' midnight service last night after I was sound asleep, and sometime between me going to bed and waking up this morning, he not only picked up all the Christmas wrapping mess we'd left on the floor, but arranged the living room furniture so it all faces the Christmas tree, setting up a cozy staging area for our Christmas morning joy. So sweet of him! So like him to surprise me with something like that.

I'll go wake him now. He needs to get our lovely roast in the oven in time for our dinner.

I leave you with a Christmas wish. May today be a blessed one for you all. May you see Christ in all you do. May the wonder of His coming fill your lives not just today, but all year round.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

tara said...

Your Christmas morning sounds wonderful! I love you!