About Me

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Nearing the end

I breath a sigh of relief. I pick up the last bits of wrapping paper and ribbon, the stray box here and there, and make my living room presentable again. After several days of busyness and running here and there, I'm ready to just sit and read for a few days. They've been lovely days - just busy ones. We have one more family celebration with my dad and his wife who were gone over Christmas. This one will be low key and simple - waffles and presents.

And then I'll try to figure out my schedule for the new year. I've been asked to take on a 10-hour/week commitment as a favor to a friend who is in need of a receptionist/secretary. Not sure I can do that without dropping something else, but I'm going to give it some thought. Maybe just for a month or two? Maybe I'll pass the opportunity on to someone else? We could use the $$, so I'll have to think carefully.

Not much else going on. The Christmas candy and cookies are disappearing from the table, only to reappear on my thighs and belly, but isn't that the way with December? I'll try to right that soon enough. I hope. I'll start the new year with the same goal as millions of others: this is the year I'll try to do better with exercise and diet. Good luck to all of us!

A quiet day in front of me - knitting, wrapping a few more things for Dad, etc., a friend dropping by for a visit. Ah, quiet rest.

No comments: