About Me

Monday, December 21, 2009

Deep breath

What?! It's already Dec. 21! Last week flew by in a whirlwind. Had a good time, but boy howdy am I tired - 3 parties, all of which were great fun; sick cat to the vet; made 17 batches of cookie dough and 10 pie crusts for the youth fundraiser; did a monster Christmas shopping day with my hubby; worked on processing some VERY tough emotions that I won't go into detail about here, and that's just the stuff worth mentioning! This week won't be much more restful. Here's my to-do list in case you wonder why I'm not writing (tee, hee!)...
  • have a friend over for chatting this a.m. (a great thing, and relaxing!)
  • clean up my house which looks like a tornado hit it over the weekend as I furiously cooked for 3 different events (this won't take all that long - it's just the kitchen, really)!
  • do laundry (almost out of underwear)
  • finish Christmas shopping
  • wrap everything (with Tim's help)
  • spend time with my brother and sister
  • make a few treats for me and my family (optional, but delicious!)
  • grocery shop and cook for Christmas dinner
  • work at our church's interactive nativity
  • follow-through on 2 phone conversations I need to have (1 wonderful, 1 yucky)
  • talk to the vet about my kitty's diet
Now I'm tired just from writing this list, so I'll stop. You get the idea.

I know we all have tons to do this time of year. Why don't we all say "no" to a few more things next year and we'll have a more relaxing Christmas? I'm going to make some notes in next year's calendar, things like in November: "think about saying 'no' this time" and December might say: "relax and do less!" I'll let you know if it works. :-)

Not to say I haven't enjoyed what I'm doing. It is just too much.

Meanwhile, I'll just keep going and crash next week with a big silly grin on my face! ;-) Next week will consist of frozen dinners, leftovers, movies and knitting. Yum!

No comments: