About Me

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Perfect!

Christmas parties are starting early this year, and that's just fine with me! What do I love about parties - anytime? The sound of people talking all in one place. It sounds like a flock of chickens, and it makes my heart feel light and full! Jolly, even.

I went to a perfect party this weekend. Picture a smallish, slightly dark living room filled with tables and chairs, at least 20 adults, about 4 kids, two fat cats, a Christmas tree surrounded by probably 100 presents, each one wrapped beautifully, a large toy box for the kids, and enough food for 100 people. All delicious food, too, like duck, goose, roast beef, and roast pork. To top it all off - about 5 different desserts! All those presents were wrapped, and all this food was made by our host, lovingly, with only the goal of making us happy.

This annual party to me absolutely embodies what the Christmas season means to me... ...unconditional giving and demonstrations of love
...bringing together of people we love
...giving of gifts expecting nothing in return
...delicious food
...lots of people who love one another all crammed into a small space.

Sometimes the Christmas season gets me down, way down (long, boring story). This year I feel filled with joy and hope! Thanks, in large part, to these 2 early parties.

Thanks, in whole, to the love by which I feel surrounded!

No comments: