About Me

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

For pet lovers without kids...

and pet lovers with kids...

and maybe even people with kids and/or pets... ;-)

It was uncharacteristically cloudy in Colorado yesterday morning, and the temperature had dropped significantly. We happen to live in a house that doesn't have the most modern of windows or insulation seeing as it was built in the 1920s, so when the temperature drops outside, that is reflected by the temperature inside. Sure, our heater tries to keep up, but it just doesn't quite touch the chill in the rooms off the center of the house.

So I was lying in bed, thinking how nice it would be to sleep in a little, but Egg wouldn't let me. He couldn't get comfortable, kept gently touching my face, kept getting in and out of bed. Obviously he was hungry and he wanted me to get up and feed him.

Fine! I got up, threw on some sweats, and fed him.

I was up, though, so I thought I might as well get on with my day.


I talked with Tim while he got dressed, and we joked about our not-weatherproof house. All the time, while we were in and out of the bedroom, Egg was following us. Each time we went back into the bedroom, he jumped up on the bed, lied down and looked lovingly at us. We couldn't resist rubbing his ample belly, so he was getting a good bit of loving. Meanwhile, I had a list of things I wanted to get done, and I started by sitting down at the computer to print out some credit card receipts I needed to reconcile for our business. (Don't worry - I'm not going to bore you with my list of chores!) ;-)

So then it was 9:15, Tim had headed out, I was heating water for my breakfast tea, toasting some delicious rolls leftover from Thanksgiving, and what did I hear? The most plaintive, sad meowing from the front hallway. I peeked around the corner, and there sat Egg, looking anxiously toward the kitchen.

I walked toward him, and he turned, dashed into the bedroom, and jumped right up on the bed, cooing and meowing happily as if to say, "Finally! I've been asking all morning for you to come back to bed. Are we going to snuggle now?"


Just had to tell that story. I love this little guy...and how much he loves me!

No comments: